The Session has prayerfully decided to resume in-person worship this Sunday, May 17th. We have sought to provide detailed information below while recognizing you will surely have other questions which we are happy to address. We also ask for your continued patience as we all steward these unique times in which we find ourselves.
Please take a moment to review the following information that outlines our current arrangements, and then let us know by email if and how many in your family plan to attend so that we can plan accordingly.
- We recommend that at-risk individuals and people who are physically ill stay home and watch the video of the service which will be posted as has been done in weeks past.
- Parents, please exercise good judgment regarding bringing young children.
- There will be NO nursery or childcare at this time.
- All other activities, including Sunday School, Prayer Meeting, Bible studies, and small groups will continue exclusively by virtual format.
- Health officials recommend people wear a cloth face covering to cover their nose and mouth.
- We will ensure that all individuals or family units are seated least six feet apart from other individuals or family units by incorporating an optimal seating arrangement (details to come).
- Hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the church building.
- Hymnals and Bibles will be removed from pews.
- Bulletins with hymn selections will be printed and arranged for individuals to pick up upon entering the sanctuary.
- The offering plates will not be passed, but will be set at the front and back sanctuary entrances.
- Communion will be served on Sunday, May 17th, using individual pre-packaged elements.
- Entrance and exit traffic flow will be closely monitored, with social distancing carefully enforced. Common areas will be closed.
- Our building will receive extra cleaning attention with repeated sanitizing of hard surfaces in between uses.
- We long to greet you all and we know you all want to greet one another; we ask at this time that ALL greeting be done by way of a “holy wave” or a “holy air five” and not by way of physical contact. We desire to assemble together while seeking to be wise in this trying season.
- Pray for the Lord to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or think in our church and in churches around the world. Christ rules all things for the sake of his church.